Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5.18.10 Color Swatch

 P  A  N  T  O  N  E    N  o.   1  9  2
red. 
please don't take this the wrong way,
because i would hate to get you mad,
but i do like you very small.
there have been times it was helpful
to have you as large as the sky 
to fill stadiums for me.

because of you
i didn't have to say a black word
to exes and should have been exes
bosses lovers friends
but for now i like you itsy bitsy in my rooms

my little red button
so mighty with so much 
altoid muscle
you can knock over any green with envy jerk
with just a glance, raised brow
or give the kiss of death
with just a peck on the cheek

i love you in my corner
a cube in my paint box
a thread in my dress
a feather in my cap.

be mine red
you little drop
of life
love you 
red
Wedding Hat No. 38 for Brin + Alex. Photo by Paul Clancy.


3 comments: