Thursday, March 17, 2011

Almost Time for Braids

I've been longing for a lot of warm weather niceties lately. Eating most meals in the backyard, pedicures you can show off and braids. I'm a sucker for braids dangling below ears, twirled on top of the head... one long one down the back. I don't know, can I still pull of braids? I found these wonderful hairdo drawings by artist Lauren Levy. I'd love to see these blown up to a few feet across for a salon. To look at more of Lauren's work you can go to her flickr site here.
First photo is one of Paul's. I've never had the back of my head loved so much. The following are of Lauren's art.





4 comments:

  1. i say go for the braids...didn't tasha tudor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great drawings! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in the midst of growing my hair out so i can wear it in a knot on top of my head. summer is the best time to grow out hair, as it grows faster then, i say go for it! nothing prettier then a fishtail braid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those drawings of hair braids, they are brilliant. I love your blog and delighted to find you through 13threads blog recommendations list.

    ReplyDelete